Repeat prescriptions requests can be sent in via fax, email or post. Be sure to include your full name, date of birth, address and NHS number (if you know it).
You can also order repeat prescription online via the link at the top of this page.
Due to the pandemic we are currently accepting telephone requests, however to help avoid any miscommunication it is best to order in writing.
Please see lead times below:
- Prescriptions to be collected from the chemist - 5 working days
- Prescriptions to be collected from the surgery - 3 working days
- Prescriptions requiring reauthorisation - 7 working days
- All other prescription enquiries - 3 working days
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy please ask a member of our reception team or the pharmacy of your choice directly.
For more information please click here.
Going on holiday?
If you need your medication earlier than usual or need more than the standard monthly supply due to travel plans etc please let us know when putting your order in.
Early requests will not be processed until they are due, unless an appropriate reason is given.
After about 6 months (depending on the medication) the prescriptions are reviewed. This may require a doctor to assess the patients condition and medication. If this is the case a request to see the doctor will be advised by the reception team.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.15
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £105.90
- 3-month PPC: £29.65
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.