As a Practice what we expect from you as a patient:
· That you adhere to Practice policy regarding the making and keeping of appointments.
· That you are on time for your appointment.
· That, if circumstances prevent you from attending your appointment, you notify the reception office as soon as possible so the appointment can be offered to other patients.
· That you request a home visit only when too ill to come to the surgery.
· That you contact the Out of Hours service only when your condition seriously makes this necessary.
· GPs and staff are treated with respect (The New Forest Central Medical Group operate a
Zero Tolerance Policy regarding violent or abusive behaviour).
· That you advise the receptionist of any change of address/telephone numbers.
· Remember, you are responsible for your own health and the health of your children. We will give you our professional help and advice. Please act upon it.
As a patient with the Practice what you should expect from us:
· Your right to privacy and that the strict rules on confidentiality surrounding your medical and personal details be maintained at all times.
· To be dealt with in a respectful and efficient manner at all times.
· To have, within a reasonable timescale, a full and clear explanation (by a clinician in the Practice) on matters concerning your health and your medical treatment if you so request.
· To have access to your medical records as defined by current legislation under General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
· To be notified of changes concerning the day-to-day functioning of the Practice by the practice leaflet/newsletter/web site/reception TV.
· All health care professionals who are directly involved with your medical care have undergone appropriate/relevant training and updating and hold the statutory qualifications.
· A health check appointment offered after registration.
· We run an appointment system at this Practice. You will be given a time at which the doctor or nurse hopes to be able to see you. If you have been waiting more than 30 minutes for a booked appointment please advise a member of the reception team.
· If you have undergone tests or x-rays requested by the Practice we will follow up any abnormal results and treat as necessary.
· We will endeavour to answer the telephone promptly (within five rings) and ensure that there are sufficient staff members available to do this.